Tuesday 25 July 2017

Akranes Formula Offroad

After westfjords I drove to Akranes for Formula Offroad race. I went to Akranes camping, but they did not know anything about the race. I had a walk around village, but there was no sign about the race. So I finally decided just to drive around in the morning and try to see if there is something happening. I noticed one sign in the crossroads and followed that hint. Finally I got into a racing spot. The ticket was about 15€ so it was ok.

I little surprise for me was that the race track was in very small area, It was only about 100m long gravel hill, which was pretty steep and they had made some traps to make it even more difficult. The hill was not high, but cars had to start in the hill so they did not gain any speed from flat grounds.

And a lot of photos, there are some series of the rolls or near to roll. First is a cool save...





 Official drone

































































 Moggi spotted

























 Final track was a timed lap with a small mud pool



















A little disappointment was that there was no water pool as these toys can run over water. Best cars have about 1600hp so the gravel and stones fly 30-40 meters so the spectators have to be in proper places.

No comments:

Post a Comment